Cleanliness and hygiene in bakeries must be very rigorous, because food is processed and prepared there. This involves not only the physical place where they are produced, but also the people who participate in that process.
Areas such as storerooms, refrigerators, food processors, and counters should be sparkling clean at all times. This must be so because the aspect of the business is important to gain the trust of the customers.
In this post we want to talk to you about the hygiene rules that you must ensure in your bakery business, the importance of its full compliance and how stainless steel can be an ally in this regard.
Hygiene standards in bakeries
Everything you produce in your bakery will be sold to the public. Therefore, this comes with a huge responsibility involving the health of third parties.
For this reason, several standards must be followed to ensure that the food produced in your business is safe to eat. Next, we will mention the ones that we consider most relevant:
- Permanently wear a mask or face mask for the preparation and handling of food, as well as the use of an apron and hat.
- Those who handle or prepare food must not have contagious diseases or have open or oozing sores on their hands, arms, neck, or face.
- Do not smoke in the kitchen area or any other area where food is located.
- Garbage should be deposited in a container with a lid and away from the place where food is prepared.
- Wash your hands regularly and especially before handling food.
- Kitchen utensils must be cleaned properly and as often as necessary. It is advisable to allocate some utensils for specific purposes. For example, a board for chopping fruit, another for cheeses, etc.
- It is advisable to avoid the use of perfumes or other types of cosmetic substances on the hands, as well as long nails and nail polish.
- It is necessary to keep a strict control of the expiration dates of the raw materials to be used, as well as to maintain the cold chain of foods products.
- When storing preparations in the refrigerator, they should be covered with plastic wrap, lids, or aluminum foil to avoid cross contamination.
- The cleaning of countertops, utensils, equipment, walls and floors must be done daily.
Importance of maintaining hygiene and cleanliness in bakeries
Hygiene habits are contemplated in mandatory legal regulations. Failure to comply can lead to sanctions or even the closure of the establishment.
Although no area of the bakery is exempt, applying it in the kitchen is especially key due to all the risks it entails. Some of them may be high risk, compromising public health.
In every place where food is handled there is a high risk of contamination, which is why every effort to maintain hygiene will be pertinent. If the hygienic conditions of your establishment is optimal, there is nothing to worry about.
When this is the case, problems such as the following can be avoided:
- The origin of food poisoning, which is produced by cross-contamination of food. That is, the spread of germs, bacteria and allergens on surfaces.
- Proliferation of pests such as cockroaches, mice, flies, worms, etc.
This will allow you to avoid other problems such as food waste and damage to the reputation of your business in the eyes of the customers.Proper hygiene in your bakery will avoid problems related to public health that can lead to serious sanctions. Click To Tweet
The contribution of stainless steel to maintain hygiene in bakeries
When it comes to maintaining hygiene and safety in your bakery's kitchen, stainless steel can be the ideal ally. This material is non-porous, so it prevents pathogenic microbes from harboring and proliferating.
In addition, this material is not toxic, since it does not give off any element that could be incorporated into food and contaminate it. It resists extreme temperatures, both hot and cold, as well as acid and alkaline substances without suffering any damage.
On the other hand, its cleaning is extremely simple, so it does not involve exhausting maintenance processes. Likewise, its appearance is neat, so it creates an aesthetic and hygienic image.
We recommend equipping your bakery kitchen with stainless steel countertops, equipment, tools, and utensils. They will help you create an area where hygiene and safety are guaranteed.
Although its cost is not the cheapest, it is definitely worth the investment, since its durability is extensive. This makes the ROI (return on investment) to be high and pays off in a very short time.
Discover the equipment that gaux can offer for your bakery
At gaux we have a wide range of equipment with excellent technical performance and immediate availability. With us you can fully equip your bakery business with new or used top-of-the-line machinery.
We have the necessary knowledge to help you design your integral production line. Likewise, we install and connect each piece of equipment from start to finish to guarantee fully automated production.
If you want to have a successful bakery business, you must offer your customers products that meet their expectations and demands; and with the help of us at gaux, you can achieve it.
We sell high performance equipment for high efficiency and productivity with maximum quality. We support companies in the sector since 2001, which have managed to stand out in the market and minimize investment risk.At gaux we surely have the perfect equipment for your bakery, with them you will not only guarantee the high quality of your products, but also the hygiene standards required during processing. Click To Tweet
Do you want these results for your bakery? Do not hesitate to contact us.
Hygiene in bakeries is an important factor that cannot be neglected at any time. Elements related to public health are linked to it, as well as the quality and good taste of food.
If you want to offer only quality products, one of the things you should pay attention to is compliance with hygiene regulations. To do this, you can equip your kitchen with stainless steel machinery, furniture and appliances.
In addition, you can consult us for the acquisition of high-end equipment, which is not only efficient; but also suitable for handling food with appropriate hygiene and quality standards.
If you liked this article, we recommend you to read: