Achieving an efficient bakery requires ingredients, innovative equipment, technology, and effective management.
In this context, experience, the correct use of resources, the rules and operating processes are key success factors. Considering all these points, you must analyze very well how your business is currently working.
Thus, you can identify the most urgent aspects that you must resolve in order to subsequently create new processes that aim at efficiency. With this in mind, from gaux we bring you a summary guide so that you can achieve it in your business.
What is an efficient bakery?
Knowing how to identify if a bakery is efficient begins by differentiating the concepts of effectiveness and efficiency. For example:
- A business is effective when it does the right thing to achieve the objectives set. In this scenario, you develop an action plan and appropriately use the necessary resources to achieve your goals.
- On the other hand, a business is efficient when it achieves the objectives with the same resources, obtaining better and better results.
So, a bakery is efficient when it adapts to the needs of the market and conveniently uses its resources; Thus, it gets better results and increases its profitability.
In addition, you can maximize the variety of your products in a single line and increase production capacity.The production of bakery and pastry products must be automated in a personalized and step-by-step manner. Thus, production will be as efficient as possible while maintaining the quality of an artisanal product. Click To Tweet
Benefits of an efficient bakery
Flexible production is one of the main benefits of having an efficient bakery business. This is due to the use of intelligent techniques that allow to dose the exact weight and produce several products in a single machine.
In this way, they avoid unnecessary waste of raw material and save a lot in production costs without affecting the traditional quality. If that does not convince you, we present here 5 benefits that are present in an efficient bakery:
- Purchases of supplies and materials are planned in detail.
- All available resources in the bakery are used correctly.
- No unnecessary waste of any kind is generated.
- There is good administration. Able to correctly manage finances, payments and collections.
- There is an assertive distribution of tasks.
Tips to achieve efficiency in your bakery
Having an efficient bakery requires a good administration of resources. However, there are a series of good practices that allow us to ensure this objective. Let's see some of them:
Work with set hours
Managing time perfectly is the first step in achieving an efficient bakery business. It is about establishing specific production schedules to deliver products to your customers at the exact moment they need them.
That means adjusting the type of products to the times in which they are in greatest demand. For example, in some countries usually have French bread or sweet bread for breakfast, so they must be ready as soon as you open the store.
The goal is to decrease the amount of unsold products at the end of the day. If your production is delayed by 1 or 2 hours, you will surely not be able to sell all the products.
Take care of quality, cleanliness and customer service
Establish guidelines to guarantee: the quality of your products, the hygiene of the production process and the space for selling products. Also, you should set ground rules for how your staff should treat all customers.The experience that people have in your bakery, with your products and the customer service, will determine if they will become frequent customers and multipliers. Click To Tweet
Register your sales
If you really want an efficient bakery, it is essential that you keep a daily record of the products that were sold. This way you will be able to identify which were the most requested products.
Also, you can take the relationship between sales, costs and profit. This applies regardless of the size of your business.
Find ways to innovate
All efficient bakeries have two aspects in common that have also allowed them to be competitive in the market:
- Products and services. Offer new flavors and presentations. Implement delivery or catering service. The latter, focused on increasingly requested products.
- Machinery and utensils. Investing in industrial bakery equipment allows a greater efficiency and productivity. In addition, it is possible to considerably reduce production times and labor. If budget is an issue, start by buying used equipment like the ones we offer at gaux based on your business needs.
Improve the efficiency of your bakery with quality equipment
Acquiring quality equipment and utensils is one of the most important decisions for your business. So, consider things like the following:
- The production capacity that you aspire to obtain to choose the right equipment.
- The different construction materials. Try to obtain equipment with a long useful life in order to meet the highest standards for your products.
- Verify that you have adequate space and the necessary electrical, plumbing and air extractor installations.
- Having a supplier like gaux with the most advanced baking technology. With extensive experience in the market and extensive supply of machinery and equipment, new and used. In addition, we offer consulting, technical service and constant support in Germany, Europe and around the world.
The list of bakery equipment can be very long, the important thing is that all the equipment has excellent quality and durability.
Setting up an efficient bakery has quality as its main commitment. For this reason, the presentation of the products, new recipes and innovation in the production process are determining factors.
Specifically, to be more competitive, increase productivity and profitability without affecting quality, with the aim of guaranteeing the success of your business.
At gaux we have everything you need to have an efficient 5-stars bakery. In addition, we provide advice, the most advanced baking technology and much more. Contact us and discover everything we can offer you.
If you liked this article, we recommend you to read: