An industrial kitchen is a work space that is regulated by a series of regulations. They are intended both for the protection of the professionals who work in the place and for the consumers of the products.
In this sense, the kitchen area of bakeries must be made up of areas that guarantee a systematic flow of the production process, ensuring the quality of the product.
Industrial kitchens must be divided into areas that go from the reception of raw materials to processing and packaging.
In this article you will find ideas that will help you in the process of designing and planning your ideal industrial kitchen for your bakery.
How do you define an industrial kitchen?
An industrial kitchen is a work area or space that allows you to prepare food in an efficient, safe, hygienic and comfortable way.
The space allocated to this function must comply with specific regulations of the country where it operates. As well as sanitary measures related to food preparation hygiene and fire safety rules.
Other required regulations are those related to ventilation and extraction, as well as those corresponding to electricity and lighting, plumbing, sanitation and refrigeration installations.
Guidelines referring to the distribution of areas must also be met in order to avoid product contamination.
A very important aspect is related to cleaning and sanitizing the areas. For this you must have furniture that is resistant to frequent use and cleaning with abrasive products, such as stainless steel.
At gaux we offer you new and used equipment, and we can provide you with advice and assistance so that you can carry out your bakery project according to your needs.Behind a product there are professional tools and equipment that make it possible Click To Tweet
Characteristics of an industrial kitchen
A series of elements must be present in an industrial kitchen so that it can be efficient, hygienic and safe. Here we will mention the most important ones:
- Adequate space for the type of project, which allows a logical flow of work.
- Spaces that allow the movement of personnel and the transfer of raw materials and finished products, as well as ease of maintenance.
- Hot or baking area, a cold or heated area and another for final finishing and packaging processes.
- A service area, which are places for staff to clean up and change clothes.
- An area for washing utensils and storage.
- Waste area with an independent exit.
- Walls, ceilings, floors, doors and windows that do not allow the accumulation of dirt and facilitate cleaning.
- Adequate and sufficient natural and artificial lighting that does not alter the colors.
- Processing areas with direct and indirect ventilation systems that do not allow contamination. They must have extraction hoods, extractor fans and filters.
- The equipment and utensils for the preparation process must be made of stainless steel. A material that undoubtedly has all the necessary characteristics.
Benefits of having an industrial kitchen in your bakery
A well-designed industrial kitchen that complies with current regulations brings countless benefits to your business. Among them we can mention:
- Guarantee the food safety of your clients, since each area follows a sanitary protocol.
- Increase performance in food processing, since the design guarantees a logical sequence of processes reducing food production time.
- Reduce production costs, thanks to controls in each area, from the input of raw material to the final product.
- Thanks to the design by zones, the professionals have special environment conditions, space and equipment for the preparation of food in its different stages. Conditions that increase the quality of the products.
Another benefit is that these kitchens are designed and built following safety regulations. This allows employees to work in a safe and hygienic environment with tools and equipment that minimize the risks of occupational accidents.An industrial kitchen for a bakery planned and built under current legal regulations will be efficient, safe and hygienic Click To Tweet
An industrial kitchen for a bakery must be well planned so that it achieves the best performance for your business. It must respond to the required needs; what service you want to provide and how many products you want to produce.
These production areas must have an adequate flow to provide a quality product at the lowest cost. At the same time, it must allow employees to perform processing and maintenance tasks safely.
It is important when planning this type of project to verify the current regulations of the country related to food safety, operability and work spaces.
At gaux we offer solutions in the bakery sector, we have a team specialized in the field. We help you in the planning and installation of efficient processes so that you are always ahead of your competition.
If you are thinking of a bakery project, contact us, we have qualified personnel who can guide you in the planning and implementation of your project.
If you liked this article, we recommend you to read: