The main objective of any business is to constantly improve its productivity. In this scenario, the production line is a key success factor, since it is in charge of transforming or modifying raw materials.
In the bakery world, there are different ways to produce more pieces in less time. So, it is essential to think about two things: what kind of products you are going to produce and what machinery you need to achieve it.
When these aspects are defined, it is time to optimize your production system coupled to the demands of the market.
From gaux we inform you how to achieve a successful production process and how we can help you to do it.
What is a production system in a bakery?
The production system of a bakery is the set of transformations carried out on raw materials. For example, wheat flour, sugar, yeast, margarine, water and salt, to mention the most commonly used.
When this process is done in a correct and planned way, we obtain a certain final product of excellent quality. Now, this production system can be carried out in 3 different ways:
- Artisanal production. This is the most rudimentary of all of them. It involves a series of traditional processing methods and techniques, mainly manual, with little or no use of specialized machinery.
- Semi-industrial production. These are bakeries that manufacture small batches or cater to specific orders of bakery products. Their production line involves manual labor and semi-automatic machines.
- Industrial production. Comprises a series of procedures, methods and techniques for treating, transforming or modifying raw materials. This system involves skilled labor, machinery and technology in its production line.
The contribution of process mechanization
The production process of bakery and pastry products can be automated in a customized, step-by-step manner. This mechanization can go from the simplest to a complete line that processes all the way to the final product.
However, the mechanization of the bakery production process brings with it a series of competitive advantages that are key to success:
- More production in less time. The main advantage of mechanizing the bread making process is its ability to produce products in the shortest possible time. This undoubtedly reduces costs and increases profits.
- Product standardization. You can standardize all your products so that they share the same characteristics. For example, quantity of ingredients needed, weight, shape, consistency and quality.
- Total control of production. By having the entire production line automated, the control over the process will be more precise.
How to achieve a successful production process?
Achieving a successful production process requires proper planning and sufficient inventory of raw materials to avoid production outages or delays. It also implies having adequate, calibrated equipment and qualified personnel.
The objective is to avoid as much as possible the loss of raw materials and always obtain a standard product. However, in this process it is essential to take into account the following aspects:
- Production plant facilities designed and built according to each country's health and safety standards.
- Adequate physical and/or functional separation of all areas where different production operations are performed.
- Adequate and sufficient natural and/or artificial lighting..
- Ventilation, temperature and humidity. They should be adequate to prevent condensation of steam, dust and facilitate heat removal.
- Provide sanitary facilities in sufficient quantity, such as separate restrooms and dressing rooms for men and women, separated from production areas.
- Manufacturing best practices. These are part of the strict hygiene control of every business and personnel working in the production plant.
- A preventive maintenance program for machinery and equipment..
- Strict temperature and humidity controls. In work stations and storage areas.
- Control, supervision and execution rates of storage and production.
- Quality control system for raw materials..
Power your production line with gaux
At gaux we help you to automate and enhance production lines. Our machinery and equipment can be expanded modularly. Thus, we help you maximize the variety of products you can offer in the same line.
At the same time, we increase production capacity with consistently high product quality, without losing the handcrafted touch. Our large systems comprise complete production lines.
Our goal is to help you meet your production needs from start to finish. For this we have equipment such as:
- Baking Plant Daub
- Rondo SPF602 Budgetline.
- könig bun line
- fortuna proofing cabinet
- mecatherm combi line
- fritsch artisan bread line
Each of our machines allows production to be as efficient as possible while maintaining quality operations. Also, they can process folded, cut or rolled pastry products on the same line.Optimizing your bakery's production line means more production in less time and products of consistent quality without losing the artisanal touch Click To Tweet
No matter the size of your bakery business. Optimizing your production line will bring benefits that will allow you to grow, be competitive, productive, sustainable, and therefore successful.
At gaux we help you increase efficiency and yield in the production of bakery and pastry products. Our team of experts will be happy to discuss options for scaling up your bakery production.
Contact us and we will help you create a design for partially or fully automated production. This way, you can boost your production precisely and in line with your investment possibilities.
If you liked this article, we recommend you to read: